- 120 watts per channel x 5 for high power audio output; DTS/Dolby Digital 5.1-channel decoding accommodates AV receivers with 5.1-channel analog inputs
- 3 digital-audio inputs (2 optical, 1 coaxial), 1 optical digital-audio output for flexibility with hooking up CD players and recorders, minidisc recorders, etc.
- Front-panel AV input facilitates camcorder or game consoles
- S-video switching routes multiple S-video devices through a central S-video connection with a compatible television
- D.I.N.A. (Dynamic Integrated Neo Amplifier) technology heightens dynamic range, lowers distortion, and widens perceived soundstage
AIWA's flagship AV-D98 surround receiver offers 120 watts across five channels, dynamic 5.1-channel digital surround processing, and Aiwa's Dynamic Integrated Neo Amplifier technology (DINA). Using DINA, the AV-D98 delivers higher dynamic range, increased headroom, lower distortion, and a wider audio soundstage than did previous Aiwa receivers.
The AV-D98 is fixed to support Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic, and DTS multichannel decoding from digital-audio bit streams supplied by your DVD player, DSS receiver, game console, or high-definition set-top box. Thirty preset DSP algorithms give you a choice of other ambient settings for your music, movies, or TV.
The receiver offers a full complement of inputs and outputs, including three digital-audio inputs (two optical, one coaxial), an optical digital-audio output (for a CD or minidisc recorder), and even 5.1-channel analog inputs to support DVD-Audio and Super Audio CD (SACD) players, which output multichannel high-resolution analog rather than digital audio.
Other connections include a phono input for your turntable, a dedicated subwoofer output, two S-video inputs and three S-video outputs, three A/V inputs, four A/V outputs, and one set of front A/V inputs.
You'll also get an AM/FM digital-synthesized tuner, a multibrand remote control, a graphic equalizer with five factory presets and the option to save five more, BBE sound enhancement, Super T-Bass, banana-plug-ready binding-post speaker terminals, and two AC outlets (switched, unswitched).